A part of the activities of the PBL Academy an international journal was initiated in 2012. The Journal of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education (JPBLHE) were launched to provide an opportunity for scholars from all disciplines to publish:
- High-quality research articles that contribute to the current and future development of problem-based learning in higher education.
- Review articles examining the development of problem-based learning in higher education.
- Articles examining the intellectual, pedagogical and practical use value of PBL or which extend, critique or challenge past and current theoretical and empirical knowledge claims within PBL in higher education.
- Articles examining theoretical, pedagogical and practical aspects of how networked technologies or ICTs can be used to support or develop problem-based learning.
The coverage of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- Principles and philosophy of PBL in Higher Education
- The pedagogy of PBL
- PBL and everyday practice
- PBL management and policy-making
- PBL and workplace cultures
- Critical PBL
- PBL, ICT and technology-enhanced learning
- PBL and networked learning
- PBL internships and cooperative education
- PBL and intercultural studies
- Interdisciplinarity and PBL
For more information please visit the journal web page: https://journals.aau.dk/index.php/pbl/index
Editorial board of Journal of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education:
- Prof. Anette Kolmos (UNESCO Chair in Problem Based Learning), Aalborg University, Denmark
- Prof. Anthony Williams, Newcastle University, Australia
- Prof. Erik De Graaf, Delft University, Netherlands & Aalborg University, Denmark
- Prof. Lars Bo Henriksen, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Prof. emeritus Erik Laursen, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Prof. Madeleine Abrandt Dahlgren, Linköping University, Sweden
- Prof. Paola Valero, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Prof. Yves Mauffette, The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Canada
- Prof. Thomas Ryberg, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Prof. Diana Stentoft, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Lecturer Terry Barrett, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Associate Professor Khairiyah Mohd. Yusof, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia